Final draft of logo is in

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Thu Apr 26 10:56:39 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 04:53:40PM +0200, Sacher Khoudari wrote:

> I agree with Colin. The text is great, but bird really looks a bit to
> serious. Chatting makes fun, so the logo should reflect that. Also, I
> would say, a logo should be more simple, and not as detailed as the
> current one. It's a nice piece of art, but I don't like it as logo.
> How would you scale it down to use it as application icon (16x16px),
> without getting a to blurry shape?
>
> Actually, I don't know why Pidgin needs a new logo. Ok, the name has
> changed, but the former Gaim logo wasn't either violating the AIM logo
> (as far as I can see, if I compare them), nor was linked to the name
> "Gaim". And, it still looks great! So, why not keep it?
>
> Greetings!
> Sacher

Partly because *we* think of the old logo as "the gaim dude."  Partly
because it made sense to get a bird logo to layer on a fun pun on the
name we'd chosen.  Partly because all the other artwork was changing.

The bird actually scales fairly well.  I can't speak for 16x16px, but at
100x40something, it is still recognizable at planet.pidgin.im where I
set it for use by the "Pidgin News" feed.

luke