How to change default value on Directory screen

Jon Slater jon.slater at mesanetworks.net
Fri Apr 27 11:02:50 EDT 2007

Hi!

I’m using Pidgin 2.0.0beta6 under WinXP, and my company hosts their own
‘Jabber’ server.

To search for a specific user from the Jabber directory, I:

1)       Click Accounts

2)       Click my Jabber account

3)       Click “Search for Users…”

At which point I see a pop-up that reads “Enter a User Directory”, and is
pre-filled with ‘users.jabber.org’.

My company uses a different directory.  If I type in the correct directory
name, it works.

But, how do I permanently set the default answer to something other than
‘users.jabber.org’?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Checked by AVG Free Edition.