Send message to everyone in group feature?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Mon Apr 30 07:08:33 EDT 2007

Hi

Gaim/Pidgin (hope I have the right spelling) is great, I have used it
for ages.

We are strongly considering to use it on our Windows PC's here with our
internal jabber server, (we use Gaim on our Linux pc's here already)
instead of our current JAJC which seems to have stopped development.

But JAJC has a very useful feature where you can send a jabber message
to everyone in the group, i.e. everyone of our 30 staff. The feature in
JAJC is not very intuitive, but is a really 'killer feature' for us,
i.e. the ability to quickly tell everyone about something. Not to be
overdone mind you ;-).

I'm sure many other companies would have similar feature requests for
sending to a group of users. Currently, this is mainly done by email,
but is too slow, and obtrusive these days

I have looked in the plugins, alas not the mailing list archives as I
couldnt find the gaim ones, but is there any way at all, of doing this ?

Cheers

Julian