Re: 5ac064e7: Attention API for nudges/buzzes/zaps of …

Jeff Connelly shellreef at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:39:47 EDT 2007

On 8/26/07, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <imadil at gmail.com> wrote:
> * jeff2 at soc.pidgin.im had this to say on [26 Aug 2007, 03:15:15 -0400]:
> > +                     purple_signal_emit_return_1(purple_conversations_get_handle(),
> > +                                                                       "receiving-im-msg", gc->account,
> > +                                                                       &who_copy, &attn, conv));
[...]
> > +             purple_signal_emit(purple_conversations_get_handle(), "received-im-msg", gc->account,
> > +                                              who, attn, conv);
> > +     }
> > +
>
> The signatures of the signals here are wrong. The receiving- signal
> callback expects
>
> (PurpleAccount*, char **, char **, PurpleConversation *, PurpleMessageFlags *)
>
> But here, it sends
>
> (PurpleAccount*, char **, PurpleAttentionType **, PurpleConversation *)
>
> Note the difference in the third parameter, and in the number of
> parameters.
I added the receiving-im-attention and received-im-attention signals
in 3ccc848dcffce11aa363f593e383cc1f07d081d0, which have the correct
arguments. I pass the members of PurpleAttentionType instead of a
pointer to the structure. Diff available here:
http://msimprpl.darkthoughts.net/attention4-signals.diff.

-Jeff