Reducing tab size

Michael cwal at metalgecko.com
Thu Aug 2 19:15:29 EDT 2007

It seems that just putting tabs on the left/right side of the
conversations solves the problem of not enough space.  I don't
understand why anyone would want tabs at the top except in a web browser
where a huge window is really needed to view web pages.  I can probably
get 9 or 10 conversations into a window with no problems at all, and
that's using the smallest window size I'm comfortable reading IMs from,
about 500x350 pixels (If that seems a bit large, it's because my monitor
is 1920x1200)

The status icon is something I love having in the tabs, and really
missed it a lot when it was gone for a while.  I keep lots of
conversations open and it's useful to see if someone has gone away, gone
offline, or come back online, so I can close the tab if I want to
without even moving to it.  Also, this is more of a personal preference
issue, but it just looked plain weird without the icons.

Defaulting show close button to off would be fine.  Just be sure to
leave it as an option. :)