Fw: Re: New UI

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Fri Aug 3 14:19:06 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 12:18:59PM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> I think Jeff probably meant to send this to everyone.

The UI is a significant chunk of code, and certainly not a trivial
undertaking.  That being said, Sadrul was able to bring finch from
nothing to incredibly usable in the course of a single summer of code
project.  It is certainly a do-able project.

I have consistently been against skinable UIs.  So much so that I wrote
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#CanIskinPidgin some time
ago.

Still, you are certainly free to disagree with me, and an increased
power to do so (in the form of being able to write your own client
around libpurple) is a very good thing.

luke