New UI

Josh Williams yurimxpxman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:19:45 EDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> We shouldn't discourage people from registering their dissatisfaction just
> because we've talked about it before.  Josh's email was short and simple--it
> doesn't look like he was expecting to spark any type of argument, he was just
> letting us know how he feels, and I value that.

Well said. If nothing else, please just consider this as another
"vote" against the new UI. IMHO, Gaim 2.0 beta 6 has the best
interface of all the versions. To be honest, I don't like any of the
changes that were made in the Pidgin releases (including the new
images).

This may not be such a problem if there was an option to change it
back to the old style (or, better yet, make the old style the
_default_).

It is unacceptable to assume that everyone just *should* use a smaller
window size. The default in 2.10 is far too small IMO (I don't even
think it could handle 72 chars).

I administer several GNU/Linux systems, and _every_ user complained
when I upgraded to Pidgin. This should not happen. Upgrades should be
for the better.