Reducing tab size

Michael cwal at metalgecko.com
Fri Aug 3 15:27:25 EDT 2007

Hylke Bons wrote:
> Suggestion:
>
> - Bold for return and new messages.
> - Italic when the other is most likely not to apply (away/busy etc)
> - 50% opacity for offline (maybe even + italic) like offline buddies in
> the blist.

It seems that all of this is quite a bit more complicated, and harder
for a new user to understand.  The status icon makes sense because it's
simple and is already used in the buddy list, so the user will
understand it means the same thing everywhere.

I'm curious what the people with astronomical numbers of tabs open have
against just using vertical tabs.