request for PGP-signatures

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Aug 7 10:47:12 EDT 2007

Sven spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I'd like to ask for the distribution of official PGP-signatures together
> with the (binary) downloads.

As you have no doubt noticed, there are normally PGP signatures
provided with the Unix downloads; I'm not sure why 2.1.0 doesn't have
them.  As far as Windows downloads, which you seem to be interested
in, we have not previously included signatures with them due to the
simple fact that no Windows user has ever requested them before, and
we have been under the assumption that PGP usage in Windows is so slim
that it wasn't a priority.  They can certainly be signed in the
future.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.