pidgin questions

Eoin Coffey ecoffey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:02:12 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, rouble <rouble at gmail.com> wrote:

> Archival of Logs:
> Pidgin archives my logs on my local hard disk. This is handy, but not very
> reliable because hard disks are liable to crash. Also, these logs are not
> globally accessible, so if I log into pidgin on another computer somewhere
> else in the world, I will not have access to my logs. Are there any plugins
> or planned features to archive logs on the web?

See this SoC project: http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/RemoteLogging

I don't think it plans to support archiving to a web frontend, but it's
building a foundation, that could potentially support the web.

-Eoin

P.S. I'm guessing at the provided URL, since developer.pidgin.im seems to be
having DB issues right now.