Use case for per-protocol icons

Josh Williams yurimxpxman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:38:18 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Etan Reisner <pidgin at unreliablesource.net> wrote:
> It is unfortunate that you have been inconvenienced by this, but did you
> really previously leave the buddy list window open so that you could
> glance at the entry for the person you were chatting with to determine
> which protocols smileys to use? Becuase if not then the removal of the
> protocol icons from there is unrelated to your difficulty here.

It sounds like there's been a misunderstanding, then. I've been
referring to the icon in the chat window, not the buddy list. I keep
the buddy list closed. I don't think it really matters so much in the
buddy list window, to be honest.

Nevertheless, I'm done arguing about this. We've all made our points,
and we just disagree, and there's nothing that can be done about that.