Pidgin 2.1 UI Ideas (with mockups!)

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:57:20 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Nathan Walp <nwalp at pidgin.im> wrote:
> I think what I'd rather see is having the buddy icon respond to
> left-clicks, to alternate between shrunken-head mode and full-sized mode.

I think this is similar to what Adium does (I remember Evan chiming in
on the issue way back), and I think they all want to scrap that.

Actually, what I think they do is have a scaled down buddy icon in
their toolbar and clicking it birngs up hover window that shows the
full size. This idea is probably more useful than that.

It may be possible to set the size of the icon in .gtkrc-2.0. Would it
be reasonable to just rely on that? Secondly, if we make the icon
bigger in the conversation, should we make it bigger in the buddy
list? It looks like at least Kopete (http://kopete.kde.org/) uses
50x50 icons, which seems to be the size being requested. I tried it
out in Pidgin and think it looks silly.

-s.