pidgin questions

Stephen Eilert spedrosa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:58:16 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Josh Williams <yurimxpxman at gmail.com> wrote:
> *accidentally hit reply instead of reply all.. sorry about that*
>
> On 8/7/07, rouble <rouble at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Archival of Logs:
> > Pidgin archives my logs on my local hard disk. This is handy, but not very
> > reliable because hard disks are liable to crash. Also, these logs are not
> > globally accessible, so if I log into pidgin on another computer somewhere
> > else in the world, I will not have access to my logs. Are there any plugins
> > or planned features to archive logs on the web?
>
> My suggestion would be to create a daemon that automatically FTPs the
> log directory every hour or so. That'd probably be pretty easy.

This is fine, for archival purposes. However, it does not allow
syncing the logs between machines, which could be useful.

I'd rather have them stored in a database (even if a SQLite one) and
then another tool (perhaps a plugin) to do searches and reports on
that data. Any existing plugins to that effect?

--Stephen

programmer, n:
        A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with
inanimate monsters.