self contained static binary of FINCH

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 18:09:11 EDT 2007

Just when you thought you were rid of me I come back to haunt the troops once again.

I have a little more time and am going to retry my porting and cross-compiling of FINCH to an embedded blackfin target.  I got a little bogged down last time in getting glib cross-compiled, perhaps I can finish the task.

>From my recollections of my last trials I was trying to compile FINCH into a self-contained STATIC executable and no matter what compilation flags I sent the bloody configure scripts it seemed like it was still trying to do dynamic linking.

Should it be possible for me to get a self-contained static binary?  After all the instant messenger will be the only thing using the libiconv, gettext and glib libraries so dynamically linking to them won't save me any space.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Bill