pidgin questions

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Aug 7 18:12:51 EDT 2007

Stephen Eilert spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On 8/7/07, Josh Williams <yurimxpxman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My suggestion would be to create a daemon that automatically FTPs the
> > log directory every hour or so. That'd probably be pretty easy.
>
> This is fine, for archival purposes. However, it does not allow
> syncing the logs between machines, which could be useful.

rsync solves this problem neatly.  Our log files are not quite
uniquely named, so collisions are possible, but one should generally
be able to resolve this with relatively simple heuristics.

> I'd rather have them stored in a database (even if a SQLite one) and
> then another tool (perhaps a plugin) to do searches and reports on
> that data. Any existing plugins to that effect?

I think this is more or less what Mikhail is working on, right?

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.