Use case for per-protocol icons

Josh Williams yurimxpxman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:22:39 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Tim Ringenbach <tim.ringenbach at gmail.com> wrote:
> Neat, you're naming it after my wife and me!

Yes, that is a pretty neat coincidence. I'm thinking about calling the
project as a whole "Jim" for Josh's IM :P

> While you've justified wanting to fork the UI (where I'm counting even an
> irrational "I don't like X" as justification), I haven't seen anything in
> this thread to justify forking finch or especially libpurple. You really
> should have justified that first, to avoid everyone telling you that you're
> foolish because what you complained about only needed a new UI.
>
> It's the forking of libpurple that needs the most justification (and makes
> the least since to me).

tim will definitely exist (though the more I think about it, the more
I believe it will more likely be a complete re-write and not a fork).
libpurple is still up for debate. I explained it here ->
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2007-August/002461.html