Message Notification Plugin Issues

rouble rouble at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:09:30 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am not sure if these are known issues, but I have Message Notification
setup as follows:
Notify For
    IM Windows [X]
    Chat Windows [X]
    Focused Windows [X]

Notification Methods
    Prepend String [X]
    Insert Count [X]
    Raise Conversation Window [X]

Notification Removal
    Remove when a message gets sent [X]

I have this setup on Windows, running pidgin 2.1.0.

When I receive a message for one brief second I see this in the Window
Header:
(*) [Count] BuddyName
This is correct and expected. But after a second, without me doing anything
it changes back to the default:
BuddyName
That is, the prepend string and count disappear for no reason. They should
only disappear after I have responded with a message.

I remember this used to work many moons ago when I ran gaim on linux, but I
don't think I have ever seen this work on windows. Am I missing something?
Or should I file a bug?

tia,
rouble
--