Disabling autologin

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 22:24:35 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Natan Berry <aishel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I recently upgraded from Gaim, and was wondering how to disable
> autologin in Pidgin while still saving the password.  Since I share the
> computer with my wife, I want to be able to double click Pidgin and a prompt
> to ask me which account should be logged in.  Currently, the only way to do
> this is if I'm completely logged out (disabled) all accounts.  If while
> logged in I simply quit Pidgin, the next time I open Pidgin, it
> automatically logs me in as the last account that was logged in the last
> time I used Pidgin.  I would like to be able to just quit Pidgin, and have
> it prompt me what accounts I want to open the next time I use Pidgin.

Hi Natan,

The recommended way to do this is to use the "-c" flag which tells
Pidgin where to find its settings and data. This way, you and your
wife can both have your own, separate settings , accounts, logs, etc.

If you really just want to make sure Pidgin doesn't login when you
start, run it with the "-n" flag, or from Tools > Preferences >
Status, choose "Offline" for the status to start in on startup.

-s.