Oscar file transfers declared "failed" in AIM Express

Lukas Barth tinloaf at goerresonline.de
Wed Aug 8 16:52:00 EDT 2007

Mark Doliner schrieb:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:27:07 +0300, Kyryll A Mirnenko aka Mirya wrote
>> I'm trying to receive a file via AIM using libpurple, while it works
>> ok, AIM Express client on the other side (the one who sends) gets
>> "failed" status for the transfer. Though the file is transferred it
>> may confuse a user much.
>>
>> The version of libpurple is 2.0.2. Any suggestions about that?
>
> Hrm?  Are you sure AIM express supports file transfer?  I don't see any file
> transfer-related features, and sending a file to an AIM Express person has no
> effect.

I think AIM uses the standard oscar-filetransfer, doesn't it?

In this case, perhaps you should see my patch in #365 - besides my
poorly written code for receiving multiple files (it works so far on my
machine) I somewhere found a "done" flag which is not set when libpurple
sends the "done" packet: See the changes in
libpurple/protocols/oscar/oft.c starting in line 347.

BTW, If you're looking at it anyway, perhaps you want so look at the
libpurple/protocols/oscar/peer.c changes around line  413, too. I
suspect there is some sort of bug.

Lukas