Additional emoticons for MySpaceIM

shellreef at gmail.com shellreef at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 13:21:35 EDT 2007

On 8/11/07, Hylke Bons <h.bons at student.rug.nl> wrote:
> Allright, I did them all except "Messed up / intoxicated" because I
> don't know what it should look like
> and it isn't on the page you made. Is it something like "beat up"?
It's this one: http://msimprpl.darkthoughts.net/emotes/?#messed
(MySpaceIM just calls it "messed")

Yeah, it does somewhat resemble beat-up, but also dazed. Messed has
x's in the eyes and a tongue to the side, but beat-up doesn't have the
x'd eyes and dazed doesn't have the tongue. My best guess is that it
is supposed to represent being "messed up" from intoxication. From
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=messed+up :

1.  	messed up
1.)To be wasted or drunk. (see wasted).
2.)To be beaten up badly.
3.)Something that is strange or weird.

I think this is different than the 'dazed' emote we currently have,
which has a broader meaning (from
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dazed ):

a dazed condition; state of bemusement: After meeting the author, I
was in a daze for a week.

-Jeff