UI changes

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Tue Aug 14 00:06:54 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 20:35 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:
> > For me, the benefit is none, and after using it for more than a week I
> > still need to switch to that tab and look at the status icon on the
> > infopane to figure out the status of the buddy.
>
> Is that because you depend on the greater granularity of the status icons?

Just to give you an example. I was talking to the MSN student today and
I notice that his tab is italized, and I was thinking, "hmm this is my
current tab, status changes shouldn't make the tab italized!" Then I
look up to the infopane for his current status and I see "Busy", after a
couple seconds I finally remembered that italic means away.

While it is quite easy for me to connect striked out with offline now, I
still had to think about it or even look up that italic means away.

-khc