UI changes

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 01:10:30 EDT 2007

On 8/13/07, Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 20:35 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> > On 8/13/07, Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:
> > > For me, the benefit is none, and after using it for more than a week I
> > > still need to switch to that tab and look at the status icon on the
> > > infopane to figure out the status of the buddy.

+1 here I used it a little and really is very annoying

> > Is that because you depend on the greater granularity of the status icons?

I think because I guess khc uses the tabs in the side (like I do and
lukas in the other thread) wich makes posible to have more than 1 tab
visible in the conv window so, having the tab smaller the benefit is
0.

As I said before (and lukas, and some other ones) the status icon
helps to get a general idea of the state of the contacts with you have
open a conversation.

And is unnecesary to say but, the status represented by an icon is
easy to undestand because is the same that Buddy List uses. the
"complex rainbow of confusion" is really odd and, as khc, is not very
intuitive.

+1 to the status icon
+1 to the left sided tab when you want to see a lot of tabs
-1 to the rainbow
-1 to the need of very freaking small window

Masca