Type message here... and Send button absence

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Aug 16 13:12:11 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:49:59PM -0700, Steven Brown wrote:
> Changed the text suggestion from "Type your message here..." to "Start
> typing your message and press Enter to send." as any typing is caught by
> the input field; it doesn't require focus.
>
> Steve

My one issue with this suggestion is that the text in the entry can't
really reasonably include the static string 'Enter' because that binding
is changeable, and while I fully realize that the people who change this
are generally going to know they have done so I think presenting them with
incorrect information is unfriendly.

I haven't looked to see if there is a way to find out what keys are
currently bound to a given signal, but assuming there is then as long as
we pull from the first entry there (or possibly a prioritized choice from
among the bindings) I'm ok with this basically as is.

	-Etan