new MSN issues

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Tue Aug 21 09:58:12 EDT 2007

Starting yesterday and continuing today, no one in my office is able to use MSN through Pidgin.  Most others in the office are able to switch over to their MSN client but I can't since I'm Linux only.  So for the time being I'm SOL.

Logging in to messenger.hotmail.com works normally and the buddy list appears and behaves normally.  But no one is able to message through MSN.  All send requests result in:

"message could not be sent because a connection error occurred"

I notice that there is already a ticket in for this #2638.  But it seems to have been tagged with a low priority.  This would seem to warrant a higher priority.