MS Exchange IM

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Tue Aug 21 22:37:29 EDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/22/07, Steve <p.witty at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering: is there a work-around to setup Pidgin to work with
> > Exchange Instant Messenging (instead of the lame "Windows Messenger 5.1"
> > client)?
> >
> > If not, could this additional support possibly be added to the Roadmap?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > [...]
>
> I believe there is a plugin for that called "rvp".
>
> See http://www.waider.ie/hacks/workshop/c/rvp/

I got rvp working with some changes to gaim-2.0.0-pre but found that
RVP has long delays while waiting for some kind of query to resolve;
that caused Gaim itself to pause.  I don't believe a name change would
have improved that behavior.

Someone within Moto could check the "compass" for "e6772c" and "gaim"
to find it.

Allan