Action Links

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sat Dec 1 16:37:33 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 19:42 +0200, Ralf Kistner wrote:
> Is it possible to bypass this so that it doesn't use any external desktop environment or browser?
>
> I only want to do this for links that are clicked on inside Pidgin (I want to intercept the call so that it never goes outside of Pidgin).

You can currently do this by overriding the relevant UI op. Really,
though, you should write a patch to libpurple that adds the ability for
plugins to register URI schemes. Then, libpurple would check those
before passing the URL to the UI. If it matched, the plugin would get
the first crack at handling the URI. It could return a boolean to tell
libpurple whether or not to continue passing it to the UI.

If you need any help with the concepts, feel free to ask.

Richard