QQ error

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Dec 2 03:29:40 EST 2007

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 10:09:13 +0800, The Directory wrote
> When I try to login to my QQ account, a message pops up and claims
> that I have used the wrong password, but after checking 5 times, I
> concluded it was the QQ protocol problem.  Please fix QQ connections
> in Pidgin by version 3

That's a known problem.  We don't really have a developer maintaining the QQ
protocol plugin, so there's no ETA on when that will be fixed.  We'll
definitely post a note about it in the ChangeLog (and probably in the news
post) if we release a new version of Pidgin where QQ works.  If you want to
monitor the detailed progress you can sign up for an account on our wiki and
add yourself to the cc list of http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/783

-Mark