jabber MUC feature request

Mario Wehbrink biowalker6 at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 10 03:32:11 EST 2007

"Mark Doliner" <mark at kingant.net> schrieb:

> On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:06:40 +0530, Shreevatsa R wrote
> > * Quoting Mario Wehbrink who at 2007-12-07 13:32:07+0100 (Fri) wrote
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i can only invite buddys to a jabber MUC, that i have added to my
> > > buddylist with the same account i joined the chat. It is not possible to
> > > invite buddys from another account.
> > >
> > > example:
> > > i have 2 jabber accounts:
> > >    a) me at jabber1.org
> > >    b) alsome at anotherjabber.net
> > >
> > > if i join or create a muc with account a) i can only invite buddys that
> > > contact me via a and not buddys from b. Would be nice to have all
> > > jabbercontacts in the 'invitelist'.
> > >
> > If you are allowed to invite people who are not necessarily your
> > contacts in that account, then wouldn't the right thing to do be to
> > have a text input form?
>
> Yes, you're already able to type buddy names into the invite input box.  I
> think this is probably something we won't change.  I think some people would
> consider it just as much a bug if the invite dropdown box contained buddies
> from your other accounts.

I don't agree. The way it is implemented now makes it *very* uncomfortable
to invite more than 1 or 2 Persons from other accounts. I mean, entering
10 times a 15 chars  jabber-id is not what i'd call the easy way.

By the way, gajim has a right-click menuoption 'invite to' and there it is
possible to also invite contacts from other accounts.

regards

Mario