jabber MUC feature request

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Dec 9 13:23:55 EST 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:06:40 +0530, Shreevatsa R wrote
> * Quoting Mario Wehbrink who at 2007-12-07 13:32:07+0100 (Fri) wrote
> > Hi,
> >
> > i can only invite buddys to a jabber MUC, that i have added to my
> > buddylist with the same account i joined the chat. It is not possible to
> > invite buddys from another account.
> >
> > example:
> > i have 2 jabber accounts:
> >    a) me at jabber1.org
> >    b) alsome at anotherjabber.net
> >
> > if i join or create a muc with account a) i can only invite buddys that
> > contact me via a and not buddys from b. Would be nice to have all
> > jabbercontacts in the 'invitelist'.
> >
> If you are allowed to invite people who are not necessarily your
> contacts in that account, then wouldn't the right thing to do be to
> have a text input form?

Yes, you're already able to type buddy names into the invite input box.  I
think this is probably something we won't change.  I think some people would
consider it just as much a bug if the invite dropdown box contained buddies
from your other accounts.

-Mark