libpurple friendly name

Benjamin Arnaud bunjeee at free.fr
Mon Dec 10 19:11:48 EST 2007

The account actions use the UI-agnostic request API to produce dialogs.
"If you implement the request API in your program, the protocols will be
able to produce native dialogs to your UI that ask for relevant
information."
> I don't want to do that, since my interface is built differently than
> pidgin.

If you need to change that information automatically without a UI, there
is currently no way to do this, and that would require modification of
libpurple.
> You mean there is absolutely no way to call / alter server name manually
> without implementing the Request API ?
> I'm not sure to understand how this work, maybe you've got some document
> to help me out ?

Kevin