Search Bar

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:17:30 EST 2007

* John Bailey had this to say on [16 Dec 2007, 15:07:07 -0500]:
> Gary Kramlich wrote:
> > It's in no way intuitive, but using the mouse scroll wheel, you can
> > navigate to the next and previous match.  Although, it will match

Pressing up/down keys also work.

> > everything.  So if you're using the big blist, you'll also match on
> > status messages and so on.

I was never sure (and still ain't) whether that's a bug or a feature!

> The root issue here is that the users replying to this thread want a *filtered*
> blist, instead of simply jumping to the next match.  I don't see the utility in
> a filtered list, myself.

I think a filtered list would be pretty cool ;) At least the navigation
among the items that match the search-string would be much more obvious
that way.

Sadrul