I'd like to help develop voice/video support

Eric Richie edr1084 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:56:00 EST 2007

On 12/20/07, André Lemos <tux at tuxslare.org> wrote:

> Sean Egan wrote:
> > On Dec 20, 2007 12:32 PM, Michael Yin <yincrash at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm guessing the main documentation for Jingle is here:
> >> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0166.html
> >>

> > It's heavily based on the Google Talk protocol, so you should be able
> > to reuse a lot of the code in protocols/jabber/google.c, but change it
> > to conform to the standard.
> >
> > -s.
> >
> Why are "we" going the Google Talk way?

Because Sean has already put in quite a bit of work on that end and is the
closest to being ready for use...

As far as working on MSN, like I suggested to the last guy that had asked
about it a few weeks ago, we could also benefit (in this sense I use "we" in
reference to Adium and Pidgin) from some work being put in to convert the
farsight plugins for yahoo and msn to their new api (see
http://farsight.freedesktop.org/wiki/).  However we (Adium) are working
towards GTalk first as well (again, because that is currently furthest along
in libpurple).

-Eric