msn-pecan now has direct connection support (fast file transfers)

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 15:15:38 EST 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 1:42 PM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:03:40 -0600, Felipe Contreras wrote
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've just committed the changes that enable the direct connection
> > support. It's not complete and probably there are some bugs, but it's
> > a good first try.
> >
> > What works:
> > * Receiving files from an official client when their ip is reachable
> >
> > What doesn't work:
> > * Sending files (I'm not sure how I broke it)
> >
> > If you want to try it:
> > git clone git://people.freedesktop.org/~felipec/purple-msn-pecan
> > sudo make install
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong... but your msn-pecan prpl is based on libpurple's old
> msnp9 prpl, right?  Wouldn't it be better to develop against libpurple's new
> msnp15 prpl?  (And also maybe use monotone instead of git)

Yes, it's based on the MSNP9 code.

It might make sense to develop against the MSNP15 code, but I'm not
certain about the approach followed.

I will focus on adding features people have been asking, and I'll
advance step by step always providing a working version. Most of the
important features can be achieved with MSNP9 anyway.

Also, I will probably use some SOAP library, and do a lot of hacky
workarounds, so I don't expect this to be merged in the main trunk.
Also I really like git, so I see no reason to use monotone.

Best regards.

--
Felipe Contreras