disapproval of revision 'f6430c7013d08f95c60248eeb22c752a0107499b'

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Fri Dec 28 12:16:33 EST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Ethan Blanton wrote:

> Evan Schoenberg spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> What's the story with this disapproval?  (I just spent a while trying
>> to figure out why this was broken again before realizing it had been
>> disapproved... maybe we should have a policy of posting to the list
>> with why if disapproving someone else's commit?)
>
> Good thing Stu sent a message to the list explaining why he
> disapproved it, then.  ;-)

Ah!  I've pulled it from the archives; I never received such a
message.  I reorganized my IMAP structure yesterday evening, after
which I updated my .procmailrc... I didn't realize that procmail would
silently drop messages if it was told to move them to an invalid
location (my old pidgin development folder), but now I know, and
apparently Stu's message was sent right in the middle of that process.

Stu, thanks for the disapproval.  If it's fixed in the current
versions of OpenFire, I have no problem saying that admins need to
upgrade to get the bugfix.  There's no reason to maintain a workaround
for old versions.  I also see why your crash may have occurred; though
it's obviously fixed by the disapproval, I also did
7f8e027e1591ade622baf58a9dac216e7122c1ac which removes the cross-
function assumption that js->sasl is non-NULL whenever HAVE_CYRUS_SASL
is defined.

Cheers,
Evan