I can help!

Moos Heintzen iwasroot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 00:06:00 EST 2007

Hello all,
I would like to know if there is anything I can do (preferably
codewise) to help with the pidgin project.
I looked at the bug list and saw that there are a *lot* of bugs!

I know some C programming (I can understand almost all of the K&R
book), but I'm not an expert. So partly I want to gain more experience
in programming and how open source programs work. I also know a little
ncurses programming. (I've written a small snake game in ncurses.)

I've looked at the some open source programs before (ffmpeg, bsdutils,
busybox, the kernel!, nibbles) and I was blown away by the size and
complexity of the programs. I would like to know how developers manage
those things :)
nibbles (google: nibbles ncurses) was reasonably small and understandable.

I'm ready to learn new stuff if needed. (GTK? GLib? I only read the
first chapger of the GTK2 tutorial. I've looked at the GLib
documentation and tested some functions, but I'm still a beginner.)

Of course it doesn't have to be particularly in programming. I can
help in testing, documentation, etc. (what other stuff are there?)
I've been using pidgin (previously gaim) for over two years :)

Regards,
Moos

--
I use vim!