Revision 4834ff34750e11d00f8da37cd9212fdb8b4f3272

Andreas Monitzer pidgin at monitzer.com
Tue Jul 3 15:14:39 EDT 2007

On Jul 03, 2007, at 19:53, Sean Egan wrote:

> On 7/3/07, Andreas Monitzer <pidgin at monitzer.com> wrote:
>> I added a checkbox to Adium to enable/disable this feature, for old
>> and cranky people (some users are also of this kind), which is
>> default on. You're free to add this to pidgin, too.
>
> Presumingly, the reason this was made a prpl-level option rather than
> a UI-level option is just not to advertise that you'll accept BUZZ if
> it's turned off?

Right. When buzz is turned off, this feature is not advertised in
caps or disco#info, and buzz is ignored when receiving such a packet.
Switching on/off even works when the client is already connected.

When trying to send a buzz to a client that does not advertise this
feature, the command is rejected locally.

> I don't really mind having it turned on in Pidgin at all. We accept
> BUZZ from Yahoo and MSN already; if we had a firm line "this is dumb
> and we won't do it," mindset, it would be different. But since we can
> do it, and we do it elsewhere, might as well do it here.

That's good.

andy