FindAccounts potential bug

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Wed Jul 4 10:55:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 04:53:11PM -0700, Parand Darugar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think there's a bug somewhere between libpurple, d-bus, or the
> python wrappers in AccountsFind. Namely, AccountsFind doesn't find a
> logged in account. I can't find a way to open a ticket on
> developer.pidgin.im, please let me know if there's a better way to
> submit this.

<snip>

purple_accounts_find searches for an account in the list of added
accounts, nullclient doesn't add the account you give it, it just creates
the PurpleAccount and signs it on.

So this isn't really a bug as much as an unintended interaction, only I'm
not sure either side is doing anything wrong.

However, all connected accounts should have their PurpleConnections listed
in available connections, so you should be able to loop over the
connections looking for the right account should you need to.

	-Etan