Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Sun Jul 8 21:29:52 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:

<snip>

>> 2. the insert menu. I never used anything on the toolbar apart from
>> smileys, and now I have to do a pointless extra click to get to them.
>> wouldn't it be better to have the link and image options as buttons on
>> the smiley dialog?
>
> I'm sorry you have to do a pointless extra click, but I don't think it
> would be better to put "Insert Link" inside the Smiley dialog.
>
> -s.

Can't we show the smileys as some sort of a submenu (note, I do *NOT*
mean a towering menu, but something like poping up the window we have
now as a submenu.

Also, what about possibly tracking recent links?  I don't use insert
link at all, but I can see that being somewhat useful.

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>