Some suggestions on the infopane of conversation

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon Jul 9 10:35:45 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 06:20:35PM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> On 7/8/07, Christopher Stafford <ukdrizzle at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > 1. in the absence of tabs you don't get to see the MSN screenname
> > becomes kind of invisible. Easiest way to fix that judging by most of
> > the comments would be to put tabs back in for single conversations
>
> Isn't the window title exactly identical to the tab title?

Like I said in the other email I just sent, banking on the window title to
provide the user information we should be giving them is Bad. They might
not have a titlebar at all, or their titlebar might not show them the
window name, the window manager is free to do whatever it wants with it.

> > 2. the insert menu. I never used anything on the toolbar apart from
> > smileys, and now I have to do a pointless extra click to get to them.
> > wouldn't it be better to have the link and image options as buttons on
> > the smiley dialog?
>
> I'm sorry you have to do a pointless extra click, but I don't think it
> would be better to put "Insert Link" inside the Smiley dialog.

Putting unrelated buttons in random places does not a good UI make.

> -s.

	-Etan