Pref walking

Eric Polino aluink at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:08:13 EDT 2007

On 7/9/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/9/07, Eric Polino <aluink at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Would there be any objections to me writing a function in
> > libpurple/prefs that returns the children of a given pref.  I
> > essentially am going to want to do that in gntsound.
>
> I think the names of the preferences alone aren't generally useful.
> Maybe it would be better to have it return the xmlnode of the pref?
> And then have some prefs API to return fields from xmlnode? Perhaps
> using GValue?

I think you might be right in that a list of strings might not be an
overall useful solution.  The reason I thought of it was because in my
case that's all I need.  I will look into creating a solution along
the lines of what you were describing.

Eric

--
http://aluink.blogspot.com

--
"...indexable arrays, which may be thought of as functions whose
domains are isomorphic to contiguous subsets of the integers."