user question

Chris Forsythe chris at growl.info
Thu Jul 12 20:17:35 EDT 2007

Peter Lawler wrote:

>Mark Doliner wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:38:48 -0400, Leitch, Oblio wrote
>>

>>>This email message may contain privileged and/or confidential
>>>information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are
>>>hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
>>>this email message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>>>message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete
>>>this email message from your computer.
>>>
>>>CAUTION: The Agency of Human Services cannot ensure the
>>>confidentiality or security of email transmissions.
>>>

>>Your disclaimer is humiliatingly long.
>>
>>-Mark
>>

>I've often wondered about the legality of such disclaimers, anyway.
>They're always at the end of the message, you have to open the message
>to see them, etc.
>
>Pete.
>
>This email is special. By reading it, you agree to send me USD$100,000
>in unmarked, non-sequential bills.

Hasn't this been rehashed over and over again? I think everyone who gets
it on the list gets it, and anyone who is required to put it in their
email for their paycheck can't do much about it except find a new job.
What's the point of bringing it up on a public list beyond making
yourself look like a jerk?

Chris