user question

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:32:21 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Chris Forsythe <chris at growl.info> wrote:
> Hasn't this been rehashed over and over again? I think everyone who gets
> it on the list gets it, and anyone who is required to put it in their
> email for their paycheck can't do much about it except find a new job.
> What's the point of bringing it up on a public list beyond making
> yourself look like a jerk?

"can't do much about it except find a new job"? You can talk to the
people you work for and explain to them that the disclaimer is stupid
at best, and breaks your e-mail(*) at worst, and get the policy
improved. This e-mail disclaimer is really no skin off of my back, but
it reflects poorly on the state of Vermont.

-s.

* Some mail servers will actually scan all incoming mail for
disclaimers and refuse to accept it if one exists. cygwin.com does
this, for instance, as their public mail archives directly violate
most of the headers you see.