user question

Chris Forsythe chris at growl.info
Thu Jul 12 20:40:00 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:

>On 7/12/07, Chris Forsythe <chris at growl.info> wrote:
>

>>Hasn't this been rehashed over and over again? I think everyone who gets
>>it on the list gets it, and anyone who is required to put it in their
>>email for their paycheck can't do much about it except find a new job.
>>What's the point of bringing it up on a public list beyond making
>>yourself look like a jerk?
>>

>"can't do much about it except find a new job"? You can talk to the
>people you work for and explain to them that the disclaimer is stupid
>at best, and breaks your e-mail(*) at worst, and get the policy
>improved. This e-mail disclaimer is really no skin off of my back, but
>it reflects poorly on the state of Vermont.

My point is, if it's corporate policy he's probably not going to be able
to change it (I tried twice at 2 places, didn't work at those places).
If he's sending it out and is forced to add that on, what's the point of
making a big deal on the list about it? Making a big deal out of it, to
me, seems like it's just petty.

I've said more than I wanted to say on it, so I'll be quiet about it
from here on.

Chris