Website and recent conversation UI changes

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 18:06:47 EDT 2007

* Moritz 'Morty' Strübe had this to say on [15 Jul 2007, 21:40:36 +0100]:
> Kevin M Stange schrieb:
> > Ka-Hing Cheung wrote:
> >
> >> First of all, website. The news section has been broken for 3 months
[snip]

> > I have and will continue to offer to completely redo the site without
> > the CMS if anyone tells me that the resulting pages I create will be
[snip]

> It doesn't sound very reasonable to me to abandon a CMS once it's set
> up. Shouldn't there just be a few more people with a login so they can
> fix things?

If we have to rely on a single person to update the CMS for us, and if
that single person continues to be unavaiable for months on end, there's
no reason to assume it will be any different in the future. Since I am
not aware of any possibility of any change to this situation, I strongly
support the move/suggestion to replace the CMS with something that at
least a few of the developers will be able to update regularly.

Sadrul