Persistent chat rooms

Peter Lawler pidgin-devel at bleeter.id.au
Mon Jul 23 17:25:51 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:
> This is an idea that has been requested a bunch in one form or another
> for a while now. I described it in #pidgin yesterday and want to
> formalize it here and see what people think.

<snip>
You may want to catch up with Marv on this, but I'm suspecting this will
need very careful coding with regards to Yahoo Chat Rooms and boot
attacks. Any Yahoo room one stores in Pidgin would become a DoS vector
for which there is very little recovery (in fact, with an 'always on'
chatroom and a fully fledged boot attack there'd be no recovery).

Pete.