Persistent chat rooms

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:18:37 EDT 2007

Daniel Atallah wrote:

> Presumably we'd actually keep the conv. open and just move it to the
> hidden conv. window or something.  The scrollback is limited to 2000
> lines, so I don't think we need to worry about it getting too huge.

This would be the easiest way to implement this and would get you the
alert when someone says your name for free.

As for buddy list icon to represent the states, I suggest using the chat
bubble (like the docklet icon), use white when a conversation is open
(chat or im) and yellow for the alert state (nick said in chat, unread
message for conv).

-casey