Persistent chat rooms

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:33:55 EDT 2007

* Daniel Atallah had this to say on [23 Jul 2007, 15:31:14 -0400]:
[snip]

> Yes, perhaps there could be two buttons on the tab (like the minimize
> and close window decorations)?  I guess the non-default button
> (whichever that is) could also go in the infopane.
>
> I wonder if this needs to be a per-chat preference at all, or by
> simply having two "closing" actions for rooms that are in the buddy
> list we accomplish the same effect?

This is more as an FYI than anything else, but there's a plugin in
'purple plugin pack' called 'hideconv' which allows hiding a conversation
window (from 'Options -> Hide Conversation') without leaving the
conversation (IM or chat). Because it's a menuitem, it's possible to
rebind the default keybindings for closing a window (escape, or ctrl-w)
to hide the window instead.

Sadrul