2.1.0 delay

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 22:49:28 EDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Sizing/positioning chat and IM windows separately

I committed some updates to this this afternoon.

Previously, the conversation window sizing occurred on a
per-conversation basis. It sized (using gtk_widget_set_size_request)
the GtkContainer that contained all of the conversation widgets rather
than the window itself. The GtkWindow had allow_shrink set, so setting
those widget's size didn't prevent you from making the window any
smaller.

Because I wanted to turn allow_shrink off, I've changed the sizing
(and added positing, similar to the blist) to occur on a per-window
basis.

This works very nicely, but we don't know if a conversation window is
intended to hold an IM or a chat at PidginWindow creation-time. Thus,
right now, chats and IMs do not have separate sizes or positions.

Is this an important distinction? I know that at list Ka-hing thinks
so. If it's important, I'll add a new API method that creates a
PidginWindow with a PidginConvType as an argument, and then have the
existing constructor call the new constructor with the IM type.

Does that sound good?

-s.