Typing icon

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Jul 24 14:21:04 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 11:15:47AM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Hylke Bons <h.bons at student.rug.nl> wrote:
> > Because Sean and I thought it looked bad with dark gtk themes.
> > I've also heard people that didn't recognize it as keyboard keys.
>
> http://pidgin.im/~seanegan/dark_bg.png looks very blurry. I don't know
> if creating completely new icons is the best way to solve it, but I'm
> game for whatever Hylke wants to try.
>
> -s.

I'd say ship them in the tarball, install them somewhere, and provide a
gtkrc snippet to turn them on. Stick it in the FAQ for people having
issues with the typing icon and be done. I like both the new and old
icons, I do agree with Nathan that thinking and typing are different
things though and that typing is much more what I would expect to see.

	-Etan