updating name windows title

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Jul 24 14:31:18 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 05:54:08PM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> Etan wants the conversation grouping to determine the window titles.
> That way per-group conversation grouping can have window titles called
>  "Buddies" and "Pidgin Developers." I think he wants the default
> grouping to just do "Conversations," or something similarly boring
>
> -s.

Yes, I want the placement functions to control window title. So you would
have windows named after groups for 'By aroup' placement, after accounts
for 'By account' placement, after the conversation type for 'separate
IM/Chats' placement, after the buddy in 'New Window' placement, and yes
something boring like 'Conversations' for the default placement.

I am of course open to less boring choices of default title, but I think
having the window title just be the name of the active tab is wrong. I
would even accept 'Conversations -  active_buddy' the way web browsers do
it despite hating that convention with a fiery passion.

	-Etan